First Assembly of God has been in Manchester, GA for 64 years. In that time, the light of Christ has shone brightly through the wonderful people in this church. And, it remains our desire to connect with our community in a way that will draw people to Jesus Christ. We are a Christian church that is in cooperative fellowship with the Assemblies of God, Springfield, MO. With that said, our commitment is not to a fellowship, denomination or an organization. Our commitment is to the Lord Jesus Christ. We are only a small part of the body of Christ that spans this entire globe (Ephesians 2:19-22).
It can easily be summed up with this, Real God, Real People, Real Life:
REAL GOD – We testify to the truth that God is the Lord of heaven and earth, and that He alone is God and there is no other. We believe that Jesus is the Messiah and that He was crucified and raised from the dead. We believe that salvation comes by no other means except by faith in the Lord Jesus. that we would declare the praises of the Lord, and be “the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth” (1 Timothy 3:15).
REAL PEOPLE – Our testimony of faith is not shallow religion, but it is deeply-rooted faith expressed with sincerity of heart through the Holy Spirit. We are a people where Christ is being formed in us, and He provides us with the desire and the power to do what pleases Him by His Spirit (Galatians 4:19; Philippians 2:13).
REAL LIFE – Our church cultivates authentic relationships through the love of Christ. Our desire is to meet relevant needs of the families in our fellowship of believers and the community. Our hope is that each person that comes through doors of our church would put their faith in the abundant life freely given by the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
Our Beliefs: (click to read more in depth look at beliefs)
• We believe that all Scripture from Genesis to Revelation is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in One True God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit
• We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
• We believe in the fall of man in the Garden of Eden
• We believe in the salvation of man through faith in the atoning work of the shed blood of the perfect Lamb of God, Jesus Christ.
• We believe in the ordinances of the church – Water Baptism and Holy Communion
• We believe that all believers should seek for the fullness of the baptism in the Holy Spirit.
• We believe that the evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues.
• We believe in the sanctification of the believer.
• We believe in the church and its mission.
• We believe in the five-fold ministry of the church – apostles, prophets, pastors, evangelists and teachers
• We believe in divine healing.
• We believe in the blessed hope, the rapture of the church.
• We believe in the Millennial Reign of Christ.
• We believe in the Final Judgment
• We believe there will be a New Heaven and New Earth